Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Family Skunk

In an effort to make the most of our Spring Break, I took the family down to the carp pond in search of some tugs. Normally, I'll cast my fly rod to any carp I can see while the family drowns some worms (and they are the ones that usually catch the most fish). 
Quite the setup
Once we had everything set up and a couple of hooks in the water I went about setting up my rod. Kept getting distracted by the eats the family was getting on their rods. 
Not sure how he lost this one...the only hookup of the day
I missed a couple (instinct took over and I trout set) but mostly just practiced casting to uninterested fish. I scared a lot of them though!
The dog may have spooked a few
Great day to get out, fish a little, end up getting skunked, let the dog get some exercise, and cook dinner over a fire. Hope you can get out and enjoy the water.


- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment