Sunday, March 16, 2014

Quick Pike

I wasn't going to get out this weekend at all, but then I started feeling it this afternoon and decided to head out with my boys to try for some pike. It's pretty hard to keep them both in the game and give my own fishing any real effort, but one fish for them is way better than any I could catch on my own. With that in mind I set them up and kept a mindful eye while they spent most of the afternoon playing near their poles. 


At least they're good friends

Once my oldest got serious, he put on the clinic pulling in two small pike.


The first

Gotta love that smile!

There are some plans to poison this lake to get rid of the pike and carp to establish a bass and bluegill fishery. I'll miss our little hammer-handles but would welcome an increased bass population. Whatever happens, I'll fish and be happy.


Gotta love geese over the pond
I was glad to get my boys out into the warm weather. Hope you can get out and enjoy the water.


- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment