Thursday, December 18, 2014

Doctor's Orders

After spending the past week trying, unsuccessfully, to cough up a lung I finally gave in and went to see a doctor. Even when leaving the house for the appointment I still figured that I'd be back home soon with a "stay home and get some rest" type prescription. Well, I was only half right. While the doc did say I should try and stay home to get some rest, she also prescribed an inhaler and some antibiotics. Turns out I have bronchitis and strep. Guess I should've gotten to the doctor a little sooner. 

Oh well. Guess I'm stuck at home for the next little while tying flies and entering contests. Don't worry I'm sharing all of them over at my Facebook page so you can enter too. I'm sure I won't win, luck has been too kind to me already, but there's no harm in trying.

Most of the flies I've been tying have been standards in my boxes. Things like woolly buggers, mod. hares ears, brassies and zebra midges. Then I got thinking about the last time I was out, and those fish that were taking midges in the surface film (I think). So, I tied up a hanging midge. Basically just a zebra midge without the bead and a parachute post. Put it on a scud hook so the the body would dangle down through the film.


Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

I'm tying them in four colors right now: red, olive, black and orange. All with a silver "barber pole" and a grizzly or dun hackle. What do you think? Will it catch? I'm betting it will.

Hope you can get out, be safe, and enjoy the outdoors.
- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment