Monday, March 9, 2015

Stir Crazy

Around here the weather is right in that transitional phase where it will snow one day and be over 60 degrees the next, which doesn't usually equate to good fishing. Between that, and some family duties that were scheduled, it didn't look like I was likely to get out. No big deal, I'll just spend some time at the vice (since I'm still waiting on some parts for the rod building project). 

These are typically used for trolling behind a dodger, or pop-gear, but I think they might work as a small pike fly...

Fun stuff
By Sunday afternoon I was feeling the walls close in around me and knew that I had to get out. Atley and I took a short ride to check on some water that I'm hoping to hit soon, and a small stream that should provide a nice quick-trip getaway during the summer.

I like the different shades of blue

On this angle the water looks way more green, unbelievably low though.

Couple of Canadians

This is about a 15 minute drive away from my house.
All we found was mud and some geese, but it still felt good. Hope you can get out, be safe, and enjoy nature.

- Kidder

The muddy water doesn't look so bad in B&W

No comments:

Post a Comment