Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pros

My younger brother Weston is in town for a professional development conference, he teaches Woodshop, so in the evenings we try and head out fishing as much as possible. This year, he invited a teaching buddy of his, Bryan, to go along. Weston wanted to check out a small stream that I've been telling him about for a while, but I was hesitant to take Bryan along. I didn't know him from Adam, and this is not a place that could handle a lot of pressure, in my opinion. But with a few death threats in place, Weston convinced me and we headed out. 

We saw three bull elk on the way to the stream, but other than that awesomeness, nothing out of the ordinary. We quickly set up and hit the water. Bryan was first into a fish, a decent rainbow, and from there it was on. A mix of 'bows and cutts came to hand for a nice quick outing. 


Caught a few pretty bows like this

A block of fish

Boxer jaw
Weston fished with me for a bit, but insisted that his fish weren't picture "worthy", though some were pretty nice. Bryan elected to fish on his own, but caught the fish of the day, a stout 22" Cutt that took him far downstream before coming to the net.


Nice and all colored up
Darkness put the kibosh on the bite and we packed it up. Tons of deer and a cow elk along the road on the way back to my house made the drive a long one, but all and all it was a good night. Hope you can get out, be safe, and enjoy nature.


- Kidder

No comments:

Post a Comment